Do you want your kids to have a comprehensive understanding of the world around them? It’s time to teach them chemistry.
Everything around you is chemistry. Learning chemistry for kids is a fantastic way to help them understand the world they’re living in. Chemistry effectively teaches kids deductive reasoning skills and scientific methods that unfortunately are undervalued in today’s school system.
When you encourage interest in science and technology in your kid’s young mind, it enables them to seek a potential career in the areas of STEM. What does that mean?
You’re cultivating the world’s future innovators. But why is it important?
There’s currently a huge demand for innovative minds which employers are struggling to fill the skills gap. With that said, the STEM fields are highly needed in the future?
How is chemistry important in everyday life?
Chemistry is a fascinating subject. That’s because it’s very fundamental to our life and the world we’re living in. It affects every fabric of our existence.
Chemistry plays an essential role in enriching the quality of our life. Similarly, chemistry is critical in meeting our basic needs like food, water, air, clothing, shelter, and health. Likewise, kids who learn chemistry are much prepared to face the challenges of the real world.
Chemistry is recognized as “the central science” for a good reason. That’s because it connects with other branches of science like medicine, biology, mathematics, and physics.
How do you teach chemistry to kids?
Teaching kids chemistry doesn’t have to be boring. That’s because chemistry is an essential subject for your child’s education.
Does your child show a particular interest in chemistry? It’s time to teach them chemistry. Are you living in Singapore? Click here.
Chemistry is an extensive subject that can be complicated as your understanding gets more profound.
Do you want to teach chemistry to your kids? You can follow these simple steps.
Start at home. Introducing the fundamentals of chemistry to your kids at home is an excellent place to start.
Teaching your kids at home is always the best way; however, if you don’t have the time to do so, getting them a tutor is just as effective, if not more effective.
Are you looking for the best chemistry tutors? Click here to check our offerings, including Pure chemistry tuition and fees.
Let them watch science-based programs. We live in the digital age, and there’s no escaping it. That’s why it’s essential to choose the programs your child will consume. This is the only way to take advantage of the available technology.
Laptops, tablets, smart TVs, and smartphones are just some of the best tools you can use to introduce chemistry to your kids.
Give them chemistry sets. Experiments remain one of the most exciting things to do in chemistry. Fortunately, there are available chemistry experiment sets that are safe for children to play with. They can enjoy experimenting while learning chemical processes and understanding chemistry principles at the same time.
Give them chemistry books. Books are always a great way to learn anything. While it’s the traditional way of learning, there are a lot of chemistry books available in the market. Interestingly, there are physics and biology books that aren’t boring or stuffy.
Bring them to science museums. Learning doesn’t have to be in school or at home. Luckily, science museums and fairs exist to spark your kid’s curiosity.
What are the reasons for studying chemistry?
Why is studying chemistry important? I’ll reiterate, chemistry affects every aspect of our life. It’s everywhere.
Here are some of the reasons why kids need to learn chemistry at a young age.
- Chemistry provides a good understanding of the world we live in. For this reason, it helps answer some of the fundamental questions, like why plants have green colors? How is soap made, and why does it clean our stuff? These are simple questions that can quickly get answered by chemistry.
- It helps you understand the food product labels, which is critical in making informed decisions.
- Help you understand chemical reactions in the food like thickening the sauce, neutralizing acidity, making bread rise, etc.
- It can save your life. Chemicals are dangerous that’s why a good understanding of chemistry can prevent you from unforeseen events.
- . Solve problems. Chemistry is an excellent way to learn valuable skills that can help you become objective and develop reasoning and problem-solving skills.
What are the uses of chemistry in everyday life?
Chemistry is well-rooted in every fabric of our life. It’s intricately involved in different processes that it’s so familiar we fail to notice them most of the time. So, here are some compelling examples of how chemistry is used in our daily life.
- Digestion of food. Do you wonder what happens after you chew your food? What’s the process of digestion? Digestion involves a lot of chemical reactions. For example, when the food reaches your stomach, it mixes with HCL or Hydrochloric Acid. This is one of the prime examples of chemical processes that happen in our daily life.
- Using salt as a preservative. Salt is an essential ingredient that’s present in every kitchen. But do you know that salt, otherwise known as Sodium Chloride or NaCI, doesn’t just add flavor to our food, but it’s also a special food preservative?
- Shedding tears when chopping onions. Many of us have experienced this at least once in our life. Do you know that the tears are caused by Sulphate, which gets converted into propanediol Sulphur-oxide? This irritates the eyes, which triggers tears.
- Medicines. Have you ever thought about why there are specific drugs for each disease? That’s because there are different chemical and biological reactions taking place in the body’s healing process.
These are just some of the few examples of how chemistry affects our daily lives. With that said, you must introduce children to this exciting subject.
Chemistry is a broad subject that’s interesting for kids to learn. It can help them develop valuable skills as well as prepare them for the future. Likewise, innovative thinkers are in high demand, especially in this time and age.
Are you looking for the best chemistry classes in Singapore with reasonable tuition fees? Here at PF Tuition, we make sure your kids have the best education possible. Contact us.